NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 29, 2004--Amerada Hess Corporation (NYSE: AHC) announced today that the G-19 exploration well drilled offshore Equatorial Guinea on Block G in the Rio Muni Basin has made a new oil discovery. The G-19 well was drilled to a total depth of 7,483 feet in 1,263 feet of water and encountered 113 feet of net oil pay in the Campanian. The G-19 well is located one mile northeast of the Northern Block G fields area and offers the potential, longer term, for a satellite tie-back to the Northern Block G development.
Amerada Hess has an 85% working interest in the Block and is the operator. Amerada Hess' partner in the Block is Energy Africa Equatorial Guinea Ltd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tullow Oil plc, which has the remaining 15% working interest. GEPetrol, the national oil company of Equatorial Guinea, will have a carried 5% participating interest in any commercial production from the G-19 well.
About Amerada Hess Corporation
Amerada Hess, headquartered in New York, is a global integrated energy company engaged in the exploration for and the production, purchase, transportation and sale of crude oil and natural gas, as well as the production and sale of refined petroleum products.
CONTACT: Amerada Hess Corporation
Jay R. Wilson, 212-536-8940
SOURCE: Amerada Hess Corporation